Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thankful-again

as i sit trying to decide what picture to post i realize my 3 month old- yes 3 months has fallen asleep on my shoulder! my two year old is watching cinderella and i am just finishing off my grande iced americano with cream and vanilla (and they forgot the extra ice) but delicous anyway coffee! ive been thinking about alot of things today-and lots of things im thankful for- like how my kids have great grandparents, not many kids do and its a wonderful gift! i had a few when i was a kid and my great gram trudie lived until i was 16..wow huh! i just love that my kids are able to enjoy thier great grandparents as well, not only at family functions but by visiting often!
im also thankful for my kids- yes my two year old is two and i have a few grey hairs do to it (dont tell) but i love her- she is getting so smart and its great to be able to just sit and enjoy her company and have a conversation! she is counting to 10 minus the number 6 and loves singing her abcs....we are working on colors because it seems to her that everything is the color blue- funny because she is a girl who wears lots of pink!
anyway, as this day doesnt come to an end because it is only mmmmm 300 and we still have swimming lessons and a dr. appt i just want to say thanks for such a great life- as much as i complain and have good and bad days it is a great life, good family and good friends!
im so blessed by all these things and take them for granted ALOT but i will try this thankful season and be more thankful and tell people!
if i dont say it enough- thanks peeps!

1 comment:

Beth said...

you must have gone to the Starbucks on Duportail. They always screw up. But a coffee without extra ice is better than no coffee at all!!
Kids are so wonderful, and yet they drive you crazy at the same time. Sigh. Que sera sera...

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?