Monday, December 15, 2008

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Okay, so this weekend was pretty busy. Not only did I come down with another cold but we all (meaning my husband and I) finished our Christmas shopping and managed to get it done in a couple of hours...he went with Zoe and I went with Hannah!
On Sunday grandma and grandpa Meenach came down! Bringing with them a new sled for Miss Zoe! Perfect timing due to the wonderful windy and freezing snow drifts!
Zach ran out Sat. just before they arrived and got through walmart- (suprisingly)he went to get Zoe some new snow boots!
Of course the 10 dollar ones he wanted were over-ruled by the 20 dollar "PRINCESS BOOT", need I say more!!!!!!!
So here is a shot of the "boots" and some great shots of Zoe sledding with grandpa and the puppies!


Heading out the door with Tica in tow......
Grandpa was pulling Zoe up our HUGE sledding hill (we knew that hill would be good for something!) anyway, we told her to hold on. She apparently didnt get the memo and proceded to slide off the sled!

I just thought this was some good camera skills on my part- great picture RIGHT?



Down she went, the puppies had to ride too, but as you can see one bailed at the last second...I believe that is the girl dog in the boy sweater! The little boy is still a bit tiny so Jeanne has him in the smaller pink sweater!



Oh my cheeser! So cute



Anyway, that was our fun snow filled weekend, hope everyone enjoyed theirs and just think only 11 days till Christmas!





No comments:

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?