Thursday, December 18, 2008

one of those days.....or weeks

So here is our little measurer that says how much it has snowed......
So I wasnt planning on blogging today, due to the fact that nothing exciting has been going on- but there have been a plenty of annoying things going on and I wanted to share them with everyone!
Lets start off with earlier this week. Thanks to the snow some guy pulled out in front of me, not even trying to stomp on his brakes and cut me off! I almost started crying, I laid on the horn and used some chose words (luckily Zoe didnt hear me) and drove behind him for the next few blocks livid at the fact that it had been snowing and NO ONE- I mean NO ONE in the Tri-cities know how to drive in the snow except the few from Wenatchee URGH!
So after this guy finally turns off I proceed to the mall to do some last minute shopping duties...as Im driving a long I hit a bird....No wait- A bird came barrelling at my windshield at 40 mph and yes I DUCKED! Slowely (after some more chose words) I look in my rearview only to see the thing almost hit the car behind me and KAPLAT.....fall to the ground!
URGH
So the week takes a turn and we have a pretty good day yesterday- except my 4 month old hasnt pooped in a couple days.......I gave her some tummy drops last night and well...THEY WORKED!!!
Lets start off with this morning, my two year old was up at the butt-crack...No news there! Well we get up and we have a 20 minute meltdown. All she wanted to do was watch a movie. Go me, I held my ground and said no, she finally calmed down and while I showered she got her movie!
We bundled up, snow boots and all and ventured to Walmart. Everything went well, we went to target due to the poor selection of coloring books across the street. Then it happens....I hear a little toot. Okay, she pooped (I think) we finish at Target with a paint book (bad selection of coloring books there as well) and hop in the car. Zoe falls asleep. We make it home with no problem, I hop out get Zoe unbundled and into bed, go and grab Hannah bring her in, grab the groceries and bring them in.
OH...I forgot....Hannah pooped.
I get her out of the carseat crossing my toes and fingers that it didnt (it meaning the poop) manage to go up the back.
OOPS
Up the back, stained the carseat smells to high heaven POOP.
Okay, so I get her jeans off and get her in the tub- clean and smelling baby fresh, she falls asleep ( Im sure do to all the excitement) and I crawl into bed enjoying a few minutes of two little girls sleeping!
So we manage to get some sleep ( all of us) and enjoy a little peace and quiet, then the phone rings 15 times and we have to get up!
Now to occupy my two year old with something, while my 4 month old just wants to be held!
URGH
All I wanted to do was make cookies today but Ill have to wait for my husband to get home!
At least he put the dishes away last night, I truly have been waiting (for a couple of days) for them to magically put themselves away in the cupboard!
Here are some pictures of somethings that have been a little helpful today....

pretend cookies from the freezer...to tide Zoe over!

Bruizer- not helpful but occupied



The bouncy chair, for about 5 minutes








Okay so that ends the wrath of the Grinch!
Good tiddings to all




2 comments:

Beth said...

I HATE when I have days (weeks) like that. I am sure it is just the stress of Christmas. It'll pass!

Amy said...

I hate days like that! Bummer!!! And poop...not fun...EVER!

Hang in there...I hope you get some good quality time with Zac this weekend...want to come watch me run in the 4 degrees on Saturday? AHHHH!

I am glad you ordered your book! Yay!!

Oh, I know how to drive in the snow, and I'm not from Wenatchee...I'm from the midwest...where REAL people know how to drive in the snow! (hee hee!)

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?