Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baby number 3

So Ive been thinking about this post and wasnt sure how to start it- so I guess I will start with last night!
If you read my earlier post you wouldve seen that we babysat miss Clara yesterday! Clara and Zoe are about 3 months apart. They were playing having thier little conversations and just interacting like two "little adults" in kid talk of course!
After Clara left and we climbed into bed Zach asked: "So how do you feel about three kids?"
my reply: " I thought that was the plan?"
He said " that was my plan, but what do you think?"
I said " I wouldnt mind having three kids."
Zach was so excited and just loving how Clara and Zoe were interacting, "like they were little best friends" he said.
Its funny because I just realized that he isnt ever there for playdates, or cookie decorating, or birthday parties to see how much fun the little ones have!

Its funny though- when I was prego with Zoe I was so excited, as was my entire family and friend base. I was sick everyday (not throwing up thank goodness) but sick and uncomfortable, but so excited. Once I got past the rib pains, the sickness, the weight gain, the kidney stones there was delivery.
I went in for one of my last appt. I saw a male doctor. Let me tell you, first of all it was the first male dr. I had ever seen, secondly I had never met him before and thirdly he wanted to enduce me because I had strep B...... AAAAAAAAA. I was scared to death, but now am thankful that he was there because my uterus was inverted and according to the nurse if he couldntve fixed it I couldve blead (sp) to death or had to have a hystorectamy (thats spelled wrong too) anyway-
so scary right- massive complications for my first pregnancy, but a healthy baby.

So we move along, at that stage I couldnt have imagined having more than one child, I dont think that I was in the right place for that- I didnt know how to do anything....but we tried for another and got pregnant again.

The only thing on my mind for this pregnancy was my inverted uterus...lots of questions ran through my head: would if it happen again etc.
News to me its not very likely, but I was still concentrating on that issue.
So concentrating on that while throwing up everyday for 5 months was a blast!
So I go again to have baby number two! And to my suprise, the baby gets stuck.
Her head is out and they say "DONT PUSH" as she is coming out her clavical gets broken, no wonder, the girl weighed 8.5 pounds.
So we go in for our three day check-up and complications once again. Hannah has dropped almost a pound (not ounces a POUND) her b.r. count was 19- they wont let you leave the hospital if it is above a 10. So in three days she went to a 19-not good.
They usually weigh the baby, then have you feed her and weigh her again. My child gained nothing- so basically for three days she hadnt eaten.
We immediatly went to the ped. he started her on formula and sent us to get her tongue clipped, she had to be placed on a home system that gave her "sunlight" and everyday for four days an in home nurse came and sliced her little foot to get her b.r. count. On top of that she had to be fed (hungry or not) every two hours and everything had to be documented.
It was awful....on the last day the nurse came, cut her little foot and said they would contact us with the results.
When she called and said everything was 100% I broke down, Zach was in the bathroom and when he came out I couldnt even tell him what her number was, I had to write it down and show him.
So after baby number two thinking about three children does seem do-able, but I often contimplate the delivery and the first few days.
I know now looking back at the hospital stay that things werent exactly right, Hannah only opened her eyes a couple times, and after 6 hours of not eating it took the nurse to play with her little neck to get her to eat for just 5 minutes.
Baby number three will happen, I think that we will stay for an extra day and just make sure to watch the signs!
Its great to be on the same page with the one you love, to be so excited about something you cant stand it!
I love my kids now and am so happy to have two beautiful (and they are so damn cute) and healthy kids!
Heres to 2009 and baby number three!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess,
You have just amazed me so much this last year and your confidence as a mom has just blossmed. I am so happy for you and Zach and can not wait to hear the news of a 3rd Meenach. Oh and you are right your girls are so darn cute!!

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?