Friday, March 27, 2009

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Last night when I got home Zach had a question from school-

If you could would you fly or stop time-
Easy answer RIGHT?

I chose fly. I wouldnt want to stop time because then you wouldnt experience any new memories! Like Zoe calling Beth yesterday to tell her " Ya Beth, we swing by.....yeah....swing by" "OK we be right there....mmmm.....ok, yeah bye Beth" cutest thing ever. She couldnt of said that last year!
Eveyday is something new, yesterday she had a melt down becuase an ant was on her foot, I told her that daddy would spray them when he got home. You can bet your little toosh that as soon as he walked in the front door "daddy spray ant"!! Shes getting older and bigger and smarter and I cant imagine not sharing each passing moment and day with her.
Stopping time would be like putting everything on hold just as it is and never getting something new and wonderful and exciting.

Zach said-"so you choose flying?" "well, YES"

He said he chose stopping time because he feels like he forgets things that happen and doesnt remember every detail. Write it down.....its a must!!
I have a great calendar that Rachel gave me when Zoe was born and I have purchased one for her and Hannah ever since. All the dates are blank so you just fill it in, it takes 5 minutes and the memories last a life time. I can add pictures and its so fun to go back to Zoes and compare to Hannahs. Without it I would be lost, because who truly has time to hit up that baby book everytime your daughter says " vanilla, with cream and extra ice!" (my coffee order)

What do you think you would do?
FLY
or
STOP TIME

1 comment:

Beth said...

Fly. How cool would that be?!! I loved my phone conversation yesterday. It was hilarious!

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?