Tuesday, May 19, 2009

oregon

Okay, I couldnt get the last like four pictures to download so I will have to do it later!
Last weekend we went to Oregon to hit the zoo- of course our first stop was Stonehenge! Here the kids are looking out our hotel window
at the zoo





Zoe wanted her picture taken with every bear!



We shared a sno cone






since they dont have any lions we did a picture with the pretend lion- Zoe also picked out a "SIMBA" as her stuffed animal to bring home



mmm, vanilla yogart, she was drinking out of the cup








Here we are at the womens something (I forgot what it was called)



















I wanted a pic of them with the beautiful stained glass but we missed the glass (obviously)










and yes, if you look very closely you can see Zach and Zoe on the bridge!!






And last but not least we have a new member of the family and soon to be a few more. A nice little robin has made her nest on top of our outdoor speaker, she flew away and Zach was able to get a pic of whats inside the nest!


















































2 comments:

gramma terri said...

Great photos honey! Love the sno-cone shot! Mom

Beth said...

Love the pictures! You didn't tell me about the birds! how cool! Don't use your speakers any time soon! Hee hee...

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?