Tuesday, September 29, 2009

time flies...

first off I really think these two are related.....

some fun pictures of the girls!



















great shot of Zoe jumping, too bad it wasnt outside!






Finally another name sign finished, not too happy with it but it turned out alright..it spells TOLER







And Monday I raked and got a huge pile of leaves for the girls... and when I say HUGE I mean HUGE!
































Last but not least, Zach has been building a shed. I get a text Sat. morning while Im at work "hurt my thumb, no worries, still working!" MMMMM, I call him to make sure things are okay and he says YES. I get home and we peal off the bandage and I decide we should head to the dr. Well the immediate care is a 3 hour way so we head to the ER. He gets his thumb looked at, he gets his thumb cleaned out with a syringe and about 5 gallons of saline water, he soaks his thumb, we go to XRAY and sure enough (see the photo below) he broke it. He decided to send his drill bit through his nail bed/slash finger and luckily his thumb pad is pretty strong because it didnt go all the way through the finger. After our 2 1/2 hour ordeal at the ER, mind you he did this at 830 that morning and we were just leaving the ER around 230 and still no drugs...we head to walmart for his perscription (an hour wait)!! We head to home depot, then back to walmart and home! WOW- luckily the girls were at my parents house for the weekend!
Needless to say, trying to plan to accomplish something-like building a shed, finishing or shall I say starting Hannahs baby book, downloading pictures or even say dinner out, doesnt really work out when you play with power tools!!!
Zachs finger hurts really, really bad, we have about 10 pillows in bed with us to keep his hand elevated, and well he usually gets up about 515 or so for work and this morning he got up at 440...poor guy!!
Great weekend together though!!
hopefully he makes a full recovery and and the shed will get down before the first snow fall, I offered but he wont let me build it (Id probably do it wrong, or crooked or GIRLY!!)



















No comments:

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?