Friday, November 13, 2009

New Years Resolution

Okay, I know its a bit early, but Ive really been thinking about this for awhile and thought I would buckle down and make it my resolution for this year.
Ive decided to be better about judging people. We all do it, to ourselves, our friends, our family neighbors, strangers and enemies (especially). Ive been doing it a lot lately. Only a few people know the way I feel about certain things, but some things eat away at me and I feel really stupid and bad for feeling this way. I want to stop being jealous of little things, like that coat my friend got that I wanted, or money situations, or trips or objects or etc. etc. Its amazing how we get to this point in our lives when all we do is judge and hate and whine and gossip.

I look at my two beautiful loving daughters who have no judgement, no hating, no gossiping, no evil. They could care less if their mom is fat, thin, tall, wears glasses or pink sweatpants every day, has bad breath or wears make up. They dont care, they love you any way shape or form.

I want that, I want to stop obsessing about objects and focus on how important people and feelings are. That is the key word "feelings". I love all my friends, for their smiles, their shoulders, their faults. Everyone is different, that makes them who they are.

I want to stop hating and start apprecciating and being happy for them, just like I want them to be happy for me when I get a great new sweater or my husband does something wonderful.

I think Im probably rambling, but basically I want to just be happy, and feel blessed that I am having a wonderful life right now, things are great and I hope my friends and family are great too. Im glad that friends and family can feel happy about certain things and I want to participate in that happiness.

Im going to stop judging and stop being jeoulous of stupid things, I want to just be HAPPY.

1 comment:

gramma terri said...

Good for you my child! Let that green eyed monster, jealousy stop eating at you!! Be happy for you and what you haveand who you are, a beautiful, loving person. I love you for you! Mom

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?