Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday

I dont have any pictures today or really anything exciting to talk about! What I am doing is sitting here (on the toilet) in the bathroom while the girls play in the tub, listening to Zoes playlist on my IPOD..currently "the jungle book song" and enjoying the relaxation of no fighting and bickering!
I just started to realize that as nice as it is to just sit and enjoy them it will be different in a couple months, Ill have a little one who needs a whole lot more attention!
I cant wait to see how the girls interact and step up as the big sisters, taking in everybit of "big sister-ness" by helping and loving and participating in all that will happen when we recieve this new little life in the household!
I also have to say how excited I am to have Zach by my side. He is an amazing dad and husband and has really been stepping up these past few months as Mr. Dad. Lately work has been extremely exhausting and Im a complete couch potato by 1000am on Sat. morning! I leave my to do list on the counter and by Sunday it seems to be crossed off, and NOT by yours truly. Im not sure if its baby number three, or the lifting and bending at work but for some reason my body aches in places I didnt know I had, and Im so tired I feel as if sleeping is just a word and not an action!
My husband is AMAZING, Im so thankful for him and all he does, working, fatherhood, husband duties, and most importantly the MOM duties he has taken on and allowed me to skip out on!
Things are great, he is great, my kids are great and beautiful!

No comments:

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?