Monday, March 7, 2011

go with the flow

I am starting to worry a bit....
As you all know Miss Hannah was a whopping 8.5 pounds! This time around I was certain that I was due for another oversized baby. Apparently as you keep having these little creations they get bigger and bigger! Here I am swearing up and down that I am carrying a 25 pounder, I need to be enduced soon because she is going to get stuck, and I can gaurentee there are different body parts circulating my entire middle half all at the same time causing me to look like an alien-
Well, what do you know.....I was wrong.
I went in for an ultra sound last week and it turns out this little peanut is in the 20th percentile. She's a little small.
"WHAT?"
I dont believe it.

As most of you know I am a planner, I need to know whats happening, when its happening, how it might happen etc. etc. Its something I dont love about myself but it is a pretty hard thing to change....going with the flow..are you kidding me!!

So here I am planning the delivery of number 3, ( Miss Colbi Rae), the day it might happen due to the fact I will be enduced since I was with the last two and considering the size of Hannah, who will be here, when I can get off of work, and preparing how things will happen as well as can be prepared.
Then I get the news that she is a little tiny, what that tells me is FULL TERM.
Ive never gone full term, never had my water break without the drs. help, always being at the hospital in the gown ready to go, its never been unexpected, Ive never been unprepared, Ive never not KNOWN.
I know women do it everyday, but Im not another women.
I am a planner who needs to know.
Maybe Im worried because its a new venture that Ive never been through, maybe Im scared because on one of the weeks thats around my due date my husband will be a little too far away for comfort, maybe I need to know who is going to take my kids at 3 am when I wake up and Im soaked.......maybe Im just worried.
I have a lot to think about, or maybe not think about.
I know I have plenty of people right around me who are ready and willing to come over any time day or night to help with the little beauty queens who are very excited to meet their little sister! At some point I suppose I need to go with the flow... but that seems like a lot to ask from someone who has always planned what nature had intended to be unexpected!

No comments:

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?