Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Resolution


Well if you read my other post you would see that writing things down whas one of my resolutions!

But my number one resolution is to reconnect with my husband. We havent ever left the children by ourselves- the last time we were together alone was when we were wrapping presents (for the children) if that even counts!

No dates, ever, no outtings, ever!

I think when we had just Zoe we went to a wedding, but only for maybe a couple of hours!


I plan on leaving my children (eventually) and going out with my husband, maybe to get to know him a little better!


Its funny, the day to day routine of him going to work, me staying home, him getting home and then its like robot mode- dinner, bathtime bedtime (even for me!) I barely make it past 8:30 these days.

he told me that until my baby- yes "my baby" sleeps through the night we are just friends-:(
so lets hope that this stage one food helps us get Hannah to sleep through the night, and lets hope those Olive Garden giftcards get some use (childless)

resolution number 1: reconnect

resolution number 2: write more things down about Hannah

resolution number 3: save money!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Very good resolutions!! Way to go on reconnecting with the hubby! it's so important to make that a priority...when the kids grow up and leave us...that's not the time to 'connect again'...what a great thing to do! Spend some time together...even after the kids are in bed...stay up late one night in your bed (without the 'fireworks) and just talk...about your dreams, goals, and life together!

Very cool Ms. Jessica!!!

Beth said...

I like the new layout!

Jenni said...

Here to resolutions....cheers! Happy 2009

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?