Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So, do you remember as a child going with grandma or mom and dad and picking out an Angel at the Angel tree? Well I do, I would go with my gram smith and my cousin and we would pick out an angel and go buy gifts! The list would have sizes for clothes and maybe a wish for a toy, and the age of the child. You could choose whatever you wanted for the child, wrap it up and bring it back to the tree.
Well to my suprise things are done much differently these days.
I decided to take Zoe this year to pick out an angel! SO we head off to the mall, and to my suprise here is a lady sitting at a table with the angels, one side boys one side girls- no sizes, no age, just requests for toys AND no wrapping either-
What- are you kidding me, this is a time for giving and being generous and all these kids want are BRATZ dolls (which I refuse to buy for anyone). SO I walked away. I didnt feel good doing it but IM really upset!
I wanted to show my daughter what it was like when I was a little girl but now I have to come up with another plan.....
I guess costco chooses a family and donates to them, maybe I will do that! I still want to take Zoe somewhere and show her what it is like to give to someone who needs it- if any of you have any ideas please share!

1 comment:

gramma terri said...

Honey, Toys for Tots, US Marine Corp. you give an unwrapped toy, or Food Banks, or The Salvation Army has adopt a family things i think, or you can call them and they will give you ideas too. OR Call KADLEC, Pediatrics Dept. and ask if you can donate stuffed animals to their Pediatrics dept. Just a few ideas.
Love Mom

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?