Thursday, December 4, 2008

CHALLENGE

Your challenge is to write a story only using Christmas carols!


Here goes:

Grandma saw mommy kissing Santa Claus up on the roof top.
It was a silent night.
I yelled " all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" as I was walking in a winter wonderland and jackfrost was nipping at my nose.
Mommy said "Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing- 5 golden rings".
To which Santa replied-
"Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night".
" Your a mean one" I yelled as he jumped on his sleigh.
Rudolph was rockin around the Christmas tree as santa pulled away.
Rudolphs chestnuts were roasting on an open fire as yultide carols were being sung by a choir.
"Rudolph the red nosed reindeer" Santa yelled, "its Christmas time in the city".
So laying his hove aside of his nose, and giving a nod up the chimney he rose.
Santa yelled out their names through his white winter beard.
He looked down at the roof top and....
grandma got run over by a reindeer!

Happy singing

4 comments:

Beth said...

Ok, give me a few days and i will post one. I need to work on it though...

gramma terri said...

Oh tough one baby - I'll have to think on that one! Mom

Jessica said...

my mom wrote this one



Oh holy night,

Up on the rooftop,

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus,

And Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was

Roasting his chestnuts on an open fire!



There was a Partridge in a Pear Tree,

Watching the little drummer boy,

Who was watching the Shepherds

Who were watching their flocks by night!



It was a Blue Christmas because

Grandma got Run over by a Reindeer,

And all I wanted Were My Two Front Teeth, but

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear and all at once

It was a White Christmas!!



It’s finally a Silent Nightm, Holy Night

In the Little Town of Bethlehem.

We can have Carol clang her Silver Bells and

It will be Joy to the World, and

All I want for Christmas is You!!

Beth said...

It was a silent night when grandma got run over by a reindeer. The cop heard jingle bells up on the roof top. Click, click, click, went his watch. "Sir, who did it?" the assistant asked. "It was Santa Baby," he replied. The frosty cold air nipped at his nose, "Oh come all ye faithful, clues!" Christmas time is here and he had no clues to go on. He knew Santa was coming to town, but there was nothing he could do. But then he yelled, " Do you hear what I hear? It might be Rudolph and Santa!" Suddenly it came upon a midnight clear. He knew where they were hiding. In the winter Wonderland! He smiled, "maybe I'll be home for Christmas after all!"

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?