Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Well I dont have any pictures today but a few thoughts!
You know those moments when you think everything is going sour, and not your way! Ive been feeling that way a little bit, mostly about life, money, economy etc. It seems to me that alot of people are feeling ths money burden and are taken serious action. I have a couple friends that are thinking of moving into apartments or duplexes to lighten the blow, even selling a car to have just one and dealing with staying at home until the car is available.
It sounds crazy I know but in the long run could it be worth it? I mean can you imagine being debt free by the time you are 50 and have retirement- its totally possible.
There are so many things I want to do, travel, go to dinner, buy a coffee, buy a gift just because (without it being a holiday)- but it seems like this huge guilty feeling comes over me becuase I could use that money for diapers or gas.
Im trying to be realistic and plan for our future but I dont feel like I have anything to sacrifice anymore.
Im just so overwhelmed, as is my husband and many of my friends!
Times are really tought out there for everyone and I just want to win the lotto- thats all

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hang in there. EVERYONE is feeling the same pinch. TRUST ME! Don't go selling your house and going down to one car. That is awesome that they can make that work, but it isn't realistic for everyone! Once it gets nicer outside, we can go to the park and have fun FOR FREE!!! Woo hoo!

Amy said...

Well if you win the lottery send just a bit my way... ;) We actually played the other day and we won $40.00 Woo Hoo! Paid for gas that week!

Hang in there...it's good to know that a lot of people are feeling it too...it's got to only get better! Amen!!

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?