Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish

So we started swim lessons last night!! Zoe was so excited she couldnt contain herself!! She started a new class where she would go with two other little ones and a teacher, Teacher Shelbey! Well, mmmmmm, where do I start. I am not cut out to watch my daughter do swim lessons without Zach in the water!!!
First they started out on the steps where people walk in. The little boy, well he is a little boy, jumping, splashing (not paying attention etc.)!! The other little girl should be in a more advanced class. She was jumping off the steps going under water, swimming around TOTALLY not listening to the teacher. She would swim off and the teacher would leave Zoe and the little boy sitting on the step "stay here" she would say and have to go get the little girl, I was a wreck. SO things are going okay when the teacher tells the kids to scoot to the next little area- staying on the step under water so they dont go under!!! Well Miss Zoe was smiling at me and not listening to the teacher.
I said " listen to your teacher" and as she looked over at her teacher she slipped under water....and at that same point the teachers eyes were on something different.
"Hey, Hey" I yelled- Zoe doesnt know how to get back to that step.
The teacher realized and grabbed her, pulled her up and Zoe is choking. OMG
The rest of the class went pretty well, Zoe totally listened and just sat on the step and watched the other bratty children (hehehehe)...they sat on the foam train over to the deep end, she sat on the edge like she was suppose to-as the little boy got up ran and jumped in, (he doesnt know how to swim either I might add)!
WOW-I was a stress ball!!!
She was sad and didnt like the class but it was only the first day so we will try a couple more times!!!

Hannah did well, I dunked her and she is a true fish just like her sister and her dad!! Must run in the family!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I would be FREAKING out!

Jenni said...

For some reason this is always the case with swim lesson..years of it! Luke did fine with it, Lo hated it, so I stuck to private lessons with her!

Jessica said...

where did you find private lessons>

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?