Wednesday, April 8, 2009

ALMOND CHICKEN CUPS

Here is my first recipe blog ever!!!



























1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups of cooked chicken
2/3 cup prepared sweet-sour sauce
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
( 6 or 7 inch) tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 400. Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat until hot. Add bell peppers and onions (I also added zuchinni). Cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. Combine vegetable mix, chicken, sweet-sour sauce, almonds and soy sauce in medium bowl; mix well.
3. Cut each tortilla in half. Place each half in muffin cup. Fill with mixture. ( I only had the big tortillas so I got a little creative)
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until tortilla edges are crisp and filling is hot, remove and let stand for about 5 minutes.
We did a little minute rice and it was great, you have to like sweet and sour though!! I thought maybe a teriyaki substitution would be good too!!
YUMMY







5 comments:

amy said...

Looks DEE lish! We will be trying this next week for sure! (Just as soon as I go grocery shopping again)
Congrats on your first ever recipe post!

gramma terri said...

Honey, those look delicious - I am so proud of you for actually looking in your cookbook!! Love MOM

Beth said...

Looks yummy! I'll have to try that! Nice job on the post!

Jenni said...

Yummy and it looks so pretty..I love blog recipes!!!! Jess give my cell a call when you are in Wen!!

Amy said...

Looks really yummy! I will have to try this...I'm thinking Trader Joe's Teriyaki!!! Yummers!! thanks for sharing!

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?