Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So I dont know if any of you noticed, but yesterday it was raining cats and dogs! I think I even felt a paw or two slap my face- what was I doing out in the rain you ask....let me tell you!
So Sunday we got all of our Christmas stuff back in the attic and Zach decided to bring down our garage sale stuff, we decided to take it to goodwill! So he loaded up my car and the plan was first thing to take it to the truck in the mall parking lot and then hit the mall with all my returns!
Well Miss Zoe came down with a 101 temp. Sunday night- Monday we got up and she was still a bit warm but we got bundled and yes headed out into the rain (which felt like The Niagra Falls). We make it to the goodwill and I get out of the car thinking the nice GOODWILL gentleman would say "no worries, Ill unload for you." But oh no, he just stood in the truck and I had to bring everything to him.
My face is dripping with rain, Im completely soaked and well he really didnt care-
So we get finished, I get the kids bundled, covered and into the double stroller (thank goodness for the large rain cover that protected them both) and get into the mall. I get my returns done and head outside for one more major hurricane, and to my suprise IT STOPPED RAINING! I was happy yes, but pretty ticked that I had braved the storm only an hour before when I shouldve waited-URGH
We get home and watch Beauty and The Beat, Tinkerbell and Beauty and The Beast again-Zoe's temperature falls slowly and she seems to be 100% today!
But here I am just trying to figure out what to do with myself, I just CANT get back into the swing of things. I need to clean but Zachs new book is calling my name. For all of those that know me: I DONT READ but I am obsessed with true crime, Ann Rule MY FAV. I know true crime is gross and disgusting but I LOVE IT!
So read a book, clean the house, eat some of my yummy Christmas chocolate or watch Peter Pan.....mmmmm
anyway I think Ill be heading for the book ( and some chocolate)!

1 comment:

Allie said...

I like your blog....strait to the point of things. =) I LOVE true crime too, It scares my hubby how much I like it.

When it rains.....it pores:)

So here I am visiting the great town of wenatchee- great friends good family and two children! A two year old and a 6 week old. Never have I traveled this far ( 2 1/2 hours) by myself with them and the trip there- fantastic!! Well on the way home I was stopped by a road crew blowing up rocks- 20 minute delay- okay, so we wait the twenty minutes. We pass the flagger and of course it has been 2 hours since I fed the newborn so its time to eat she screams- we make it to the rest stop and POW its closed, so we pull over! Then in the middle of feeding my two year old yells POTTY MOMMY, POTTY MOMMY- great- I say. So I give her the option to go outside- NO WAY so I say " lets put on your sisters diaper and just this one time you can go in a diaper" NO WAY aaaaaaaaaaaa- what do I do...well, there is a fruit stand up the road! So we hop in the car, get to the fruit stand and I plead my case- YES they say, you can use the toilet!!!
okay, I think we are good to go...but of course we get behind three truckers!!!
So long story short our 2 1/2 hour trip ends up taking us almost four and we make it home to a loving husband and father and a batch of peanut butter cookies from the neighbor!
I guess there is always a rainbow at the end of a rainstorm- HUH?